The Grounds person will work on a production crew with a Lead Certified Arborist. The Grounds person will support the crew from the ground to perform tree care and removals. This individual is a key member of the crew team and is relied upon to complete projects safely and efficiently. The successful candidate is a reliable, hardworking, analytical thinker who can perform physically demanding work in all types of weather conditions.
We are looking for an extremely keen and safety conscious person to fill this position who has a passion and interest in the Arboriculture industry and wants to learn more! This is an entry level position with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Able to arrive on time with a professional appearance, positive attitude, eagerness to work, fit for work and fully equipped.
- Capable of performing physically demanding manual labour in a variety of weather conditions.
- Able to carry out all duties safely and efficiently while following the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Provides innovative and thought-out solutions to issues in the workplace to increase customer loyalty and employee engagement.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, co-workers, and management.
- Actively participates in meetings, tailboards, safety talks and provides valued input into constructive change.
- Able to help create and maintain a positive and productive team environment and culture.
- Capable of taking direction and feedback from crew leaders and management.
- Able to perform ground support operations such as, but not limited to, rigging, cutting, brush management and chipping, site clean up, leaving site as it was when you arrived.
- Able to perform rigging techniques to lower wood materials from heights.
- Ensures end of day tasks are completed, (vehicles cleaned, washed, plugged in, equipment inspected, saws sharpened)
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork (timesheets, tailboards, truck checks, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Chainsaw training or certification.
- Valid provincial driver's license. Class G license and clean driver abstract.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified Arborist.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- First Aid/CPR considered an asset.
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations considered an asset.
- 40-44 hours per week (depending on weather and season)
- Overtime hours (beyond 44 hours per week) are likely, but not definite, during spring and summer months
- Work hours are approximately Monday to Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the spring/summer months and 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the fall/winter months (work hours may vary due to weather, etc.)
Wage Based on experience $17.00 to $20.00 per hour
Let us help you reach your dreams - the sky is the limit here at Safe Tree Ltd.
Think you’d be a perfect fit?
Let us know why Safe Tree Ltd. is a great fit for you! Please submit an up-to-date cover letter and resume to our Operations Manager, Kait Simpson via email@example.com.
We’d love to have you on the Safe Tree team!