Our team at Safe Tree is looking for a highly motivated, hard-working, safety conscious individual to lead one of our crews as a Lead Arborist. In an industry that’s physically challenging and unpredictable our Crew Leads need to be adaptable, prioritize & model safe practices with strong decision-making capabilities.
The Lead Arborist will lead and coach a production team of 2 to 3 people. This individual is responsible for planning, organizing, and performing tree care and removals while adhering to industry and company safety standards. We are looking for an energetic leader who is a professional and safety conscious person to fill this position.
The successful candidate is a reliable, hardworking, innovative leader who takes pride in their work, inspires and motivates others, and has a passion for Arboriculture and preservation. This person will have a desire to excel in their industry and eager to share their knowledge and expertise with others. This is a leadership role with opportunities for growth, development, and mentoring others.
At Safe Tree, we expect everyone to expand and grow within the company so as part of the Crew Leaders role you will be asked to evaluate your team’s overall performance and make suggestions on how we can improve team efficiency, safe practices and staff development. Crew Leaders must have a positive and approachable personality, with the ability to make quick, well-thought out decisions, have a hardworking mentality with an eagerness to lead their team in a positive work environment.
- Ensures all crew members and self report to work prepared and fit for duty. (positive attitude, attendance, equipment, uniform)
- Ability to mentor, train, coach and provide constructive feedback to Crew members.
- Able to help create and maintain a positive and productive team environment and culture.
- Capable of taking direction and feedback from supervisors.
- Supervises workmanship to ensure the work meets job order specifications according to industry and company standards, meets or exceeds customer expectations and effectively utilizes resources to achieve timelines consistently while maintaining company and industry safety standards.
- Capable of performing physically demanding manual labour in a variety of weather conditions.
- Provides innovative and thought-out solutions to issues in the workplace to increase customer loyalty and employee engagement.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, co-workers, and management.
- Actively participates in meetings, tailboards, safety talks and provides valued input into constructive change.
- Ability to perform advanced rigging and proper climbing techniques and procedures.
- Ability to identify specific trees that are on job sites and identify safe removal techniques.
- Ability to perform pruning trees of all sizes utilizing cranes and aerial devices while following industry and company standards.
- Operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stumper’s and other equipment per company standards.
- Ensures end of day tasks are completed, (vehicles cleaned, washed, plugged in, equipment inspected, saws sharpened)
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork (timesheets, tailboard conferences, etc.)
Qualifications you must have:
- 3 + Years experience leading a production crew for a recognized tree care service.
- Diploma in Arboriculture from a recognized college or university.
- 444A or ISA Certified Arborist or equivalent or working towards it
Advanced chainsaw, chipper and stumper experience
Valid and clean Driver’s License G and/or DZ (with 3 years of proven experience)
Knowledge of industry rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers is critical
Customer service, client relations and sales experience
Utility Arborist certification or equivalent training
Landscape exterminators license
Health and safety training for Aerial Lift Operations and IHSA MTO book 7
All Applicants must be responsible, driven/hardworking, an exceptional team player, with strong communication skills and a desire to push personal & physical boundaries. We want this to be a career for you, not a pay check.
Think you’d be a perfect fit?
Let us know why Safe Tree Ltd. is a great fit for you! Please submit an up-to-date cover letter and resume to our Operations Manager, Kait Simpson via firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have you on the Safe Tree team!